Parachute mounts and running without water
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shakey173
Non Member

30 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2013 :  12:42:25  Show Profile
Hey all, just a couple of quick questions. I'm finishing the build of the T and there's only a couple of things left to do. The biggest thing is mounting the parachute anchors, now the parachute is ona. Frame on the bodywork, but I'm struggling to find somewhere to mount the anchors/chord to the chassis under the rear of the bodywork...with where the batter is situated there's not a lot of room! Can you mount the anchors (weld them) onto the rear axle casing or does it have to be the chassis somewhere? If you can then is there any specific dimensions that they must be?

Also currently the car has a radiator/water system. Can I run it without? Do I simply just blank off where the thermo housing is etc or do I need to fill the block with something? How long could I run the engine for without cooling etc?

Cheers in advance

bigaldart
Non Member

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2013 :  17:58:25  Show Profile
I can answer the running without water, no problem at all if you tow to the line and back. A few minutes run time no problem, longer still if you run Methanol. Blank the stat housing and any hose fittings. Personally I would take the core plugs out so you don't get problems from residual water creating pressure. But no real need to do it. Biggest problem is getting it cool between rounds if the programme is on a hurry up. Warming up before the day starts. Iron blocks hold the heat better, ally cools down quicker.

Just turn the blower up
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wild Bunch Forum Archive © The Wild Bunch Nostalgia Drag Racing Club Go To Top Of Page