Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JohnB
Non Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2017 :  22:13:22  Show Profile
Hi All

A couple years ago i bought what is to believed to be the old Plum Tuckered, finaly the rebuild begins in reediness for next year.

It had undergone a rebuild with the previous owner including repainting in yellow and called ANGRI ATT EM, they had run the car a couple of times but decided to sell up. We are planning on a repaint and re name.

Engine is Rover V8 with a rebuilt Borg Warner Box and Hi Stall converter. MSD Ignition

Rear Axle is we believe to be an Austin Westminster with TR7 callipers, Were not sure on the disc's used.

Frame/Rails were repainted in Purple Metelflake and appear to be in good order.

Steering, were not sure on the box used.

Front Axle is all new to us and appreciate incite to workings and adjustment.

Help on the cars history and components would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

John B

Belle 2 T Racing

jai_ford
WB Member

47 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2017 :  01:52:26  Show Profile
Hi there ukdrn is a good place to find history out on your car John good luck with it
Go to Top of Page

JohnB
Non Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2017 :  15:55:56  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by jai_ford

Hi there ukdrn is a good place to find history out on your car John good luck with it

Thanks James, we have found some of the history on the UKDRN and we have some from the original eBay listing. We're getting there.
Go to Top of Page

jai_ford
WB Member

47 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2017 :  11:32:17  Show Profile
Where did you get the chassis John as looking around on ukdrn under stormin norm as he built original chassis which ran a Audi engine before moving on the the rover etc but states that the car lee hartnell still runs unless his is now a new chassis etc?
Go to Top of Page

JohnB
Non Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2017 :  23:12:50  Show Profile
Hi James
My understanding is that Lee bought a similar altered which is now running a blown Rover .
We have now decided to call the car " Plum 'N' Custard" just seemed kinda appropriate , that coupled with the body is yellow and the chassis purple metal flake.
Cheers
John
Go to Top of Page

jai_ford
WB Member

47 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2017 :  01:26:35  Show Profile
Hi John I remember seeing it for sale on eBay nice little car look forward to seeing it good luck with it
Go to Top of Page

JohnB
Non Member

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2017 :  12:15:57  Show Profile
Thanks James
We're looking forward to next season. We may have to run under cover of darkness,with a lot of smoke and mirrors , so as not to embarrass ourselves too much .
Cheers
John
Go to Top of Page

jai_ford
WB Member

47 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2017 :  18:50:09  Show Profile
Don't worry about that John I've sold a couple of cars and new owners are now racing in the wild bunch they are very helpful bunch etc with my team name as the great pretenders I assure you it's me needing the smoke etc next year as out with my first car to actually race and it's hell of a starting block see you at the track
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Wild Bunch Forum Archive © The Wild Bunch Nostalgia Drag Racing Club Go To Top Of Page